Re: Can I just move my current exchange server 5.5 application from NT4 server to Windows 2000 server without upgrading exchange server

  • From: Sarbjit Singh Gill <ssgill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:56:23 +0800

Exchange 5.5 is supported on Windows 2000. You do to need to
use ADC for sure. If you are upgrading your domain from NT4
to Windows 2000, it would be better to move exchange
2000/exchange 2003.

Personally, it is easier for you to move from
NT4/Ex5.5 ---> Windows 2K/2K3/Ex2K/Ex2k3

rather then

NT4/Ex5.5 ---> Windows 2K and Ex 5.5. You must as well get
the dirty job done once.

Papers ? There are people in this list who run 5.5 on W2K. I
remember some posts before.

I think if there were any papers, they would be about moving
to Exchange 2000/2003 and Windows 2000/2003 :D

Cheers
Sarbjit Gill