Re: Can I just move my current exchange server 5.5 application from NT4 server to Windows 2000 server without upgrading exchange server

  • From: "Sarbjit Singh Gill" <ssgill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 01:06:46 +0800

Greetings Rick,

You are right about not needind ADC, but she would have to maintain the NT4
domain and W2K AD.

 But I am sure you need two accounts, one in NT4 domain and the other in W2K
AD.

First, the account in the NT domain which is used my the user's PC to
authenticate. Then when the user fires up OUTLOOK, which is configured to
use the Exchange 2000 Server, you would need to associate the mailbox in
Exchange to a AD user (second account). You could disable the AD users since
the user won't be logging on using this account but need the mailbox.

The mailbox rights in Exchange 2000 can be used to assign permission to the
NT User account. I can't remember what is righ is called.

Cheers
Gill