Can I just move my current exchange server 5.5 application from NT4 server to Windows 2000 server without upgrading exchange server

  • From: Michelle Chan <mchan5@xxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:32:24 +0800

Q1: is it possible to move the exchange 5.5 server application from NT4
operating system to W2K server without upgrading the exchange application
(I want to reduce  too many change at one time!)  Any Microsoft article to
support this?

Q2: any migration tool available to alleviate the risk?

Thank you and best regards
Michelle Chan
Email: mchan5@xxxxxxx

written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of
e-mail for such purpose.