RE: Can I collect incoming misspelt email addresses addressed to my Domain Name

  • From: "david" <apba08@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 19:54:33 +0100

Keith,

I work at two schools. The first has win NT4 SP6a and Exchange Server
5.5 configured so that all poorly addressed e-mail arrives at the
"Postmaster" account. I have then set up Outlook to give me the
postmaster inbox. This still requires the domain name to be correct but
will catch common mis-spellings or omissions of full stops etc. I can't
from memory recall how to set this up but I did it using the standard
help facilities.

The second school has Server 2000 and Exchange Server 2000 and the
consultants who set it up said that the same facility does exist but it
isn't reliable. However they did set up the postmaster account but I
have, so far, failed to find it or access it. Try searching for
"Postmaster" in exchange help or Outlook help.

Sincerely

David S