RE: Can Exchange 2000 Co-exist with Exchange 5.5 without ADC?

  • From: "Alan Tan" <t-tan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 10:04:44 +0800

                First of all thanks for answering me question. To
further elaborate,

                My TOKYO HQ has already go ahead in implementing
Exchange 2000 (without informing us) but the rest of the overseas
branches still in Exchange 5.5 (Win2K OS). TOKYO personnel has infd me
that they has problems in reading some of the public folder in my
server. I have doubts over this as I thought they should not be able to
read anything (public folder) from my server as I have not installed
ADC. So, how can Exchange 2000 connector communicate with my 5.5
connector (without ADC installed)??

                We r supposed to be in the same organization (JAPAN)
which is housed in TOKYO HQ but different sites based on overseas

                I have tried some testing but could not get my Exchange
5.5 site (no ADC yet) join the organization that housed in an Exchange
2000 server.

                Appreciate any help. Thanks