Cached Exchange Mode

  • From: "Eric Lanyon" <ELanyon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:01:41 -0700

Current Config:
Exchange 2000 Server on Windows 2000 Server OS; local to me.
Client:  WinXP Pro, 1.8Ghz, 768MB RAM, Outlook 2003, ActiveSync 3.7.1,
Compaq PocketPC

We are looking at implementing Outlook 2003 with Exch2003 with Cached
Exchange Mode at our various offices to try and get rid of local
file/email servers.  They would login with cached credentials and use
offline files.

In testing this in my current config, my PocketPC is half communicating.
I get an email and ActiveSync works and puts it to my PDA.  I then read
the email or delete it from my Outlook inbox.  ActiveSync appears to be
syncing but nothing happens on the PocketPC side.  Emails are still in
the inbox or show as having never been read.  ActiveSync indicates
everything is sync'd up properly.  If I uncradle and recradle the
PocketPC ActiveSync syncs happily.  If I read/delete the email from the
PDA, ActiveSync works taking the appropriate action in my Outlook inbox.
This behavior just started after enabling the Cached Exchange Mode.

This is also happening with another tester with the same setup I have.
My users have PDAs so I am looking for suggestions on this problem.  Any
ideas?

-eric