[ExchangeList] Re: CAS to CAS proxying - HTTP 403 forbidden

  • From: Mahadevan Subramanian <devan.scorp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 08:45:48 +0530

Hello James,

Thanks for the response.

Yes integrated Auth is checked. To give you some more information on this..

Site X : HUB/CAS in  Server A & MBX in Server B
Site Y: HUB/CAS/MBX in same server Server C

The IIS Metabase of server C uses davex.dll, since it has the CAS/MBX role together.
The IIS Metabase of Server A users exprox.dll for proxying. Since these dll's are varying there is some communication gap in CAS-CAS proying, i believe.

I have even edited the Metabase of Server C and replaced the davex.dll with exprox.dll. If i do that the CAS-CAS proxying is working in unidirection (That is, if i login using a user mailbox in Site X using https://ServerC/exchange or https://ServerC/Owa it does the CAS-CAS proxying.)

But when i login using a user mailbox located in Site Y using the url of https://ServerA/exchange it says, the there is no CAS server detected in the AD for the site where the user mailbox resides, please contact administrator. This error happens after the Metabase chage. But if i revert it back everything is back to pavilion. CAS to CAS proxying does not work both the sides. hope this mail is not confusing... :-)

My question is...
First - Is it possible to have 3 roles in same server, while other sites does not. Does any one have this type of setup.
Second - Is there a work around for this...? or is there a specific setting which is bit tweeky or different from default settings if the all 3 roles are installed..?

We are starting with the actual mailbox migration in another 20 days. We can not demad for another server to the custumer at this point to have the CAS role isolated for this site. More over, this site has hardly 500 users, hence we decided to club all roles..

Any suggestion/help is highly appreciated..

Regards, maha

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 11:23 PM, James Chong <jchong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is integrated authentication checked on owa and exchange vdir?