[ExchangeList] Re: Brining an Exchange database up on a new server with new name and IP

  • From: "Amy Kohler" <akohler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 17:45:45 -0400

I have a question I am hoping someone out there can answer.

We have two FE’s 2003 that are behind a physical load balancer and we use the
VIP of that load balancer to have our internal servers send to:

IE… webmail.scottrade.com

We are rebuilding these to play the role of the HUB servers. We want to keep
the IP of the VIP/Load balancer so we don’t have to change the smart host of
over 100 servers. Even though HUB’s load balance themselves, can I leave them
behind the Load balancer to keep using the dns entry of webmail.scottrade.com?

Thanks in advance!

Amy Kohler

Server Support Engineer

Scottrade, Inc.

All e-mail sent to and from this address will be retained by the Scottrade
corporate e-mail system and is subject to review by someone other than the
recipient. E-mail transmissions may not be secure; contact us at 1-800-619-SAVE
for more information.