Bringing new contacts into Active Directory

  • From: "Knutsen, Vicki" <vickik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 13:07:55 -0700

Hi list

I'm sure there is a good way to do this - and I'm sure one of you knows the

I need to bring data from a .csv file into Active directory for contact
information to use in the global address book -  but some of the contacts are
already in Active Directory with old information on them - is there a way to
bring the data in with CSVDE that updates the data based on the name of the
contact or do you overwrite the contact that is already there?

Can you add fields to the contacts in Active Directory - how?

 A lot of the contacts with old information are on many distribution lists
which is data that I don't want to lose. . .

I need a step by step way of getting this data up to date!

Vicki Knutsen
Information Systems Administrator
Northwest District LCMS - <>

1-888-693-5267 ext 129