RE: Bridgehead as FE?

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 14:01:46 -0500

FE servers don't run anything that requires a store such as SRS, public
folders, reroute via store functions, etc.

The advantage of getting rid of the webmail server (this is a FE server
correct?) is that you have less hardware overhead in your server room.  The
downside is the performance and any issues you may have if one of the
applications gives you a hard time and requires a restart.  Less flexibility
we'll call it.

Outside of that, running OWA and SMTP on the same machine works like a
champ.  If you're OK with that, I'm OK with it ;)

al

  _____