Brick Level Back Ups

  • From: "Jim Hunt" <huntj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 07:48:40 -0700

I have 5 Exchange 5.5 (SP 4) Servers on Windows NT 4.0 (SP 6a).  Two are
member servers, two are BDCs.

I am using ARCserve 2000 Enterprise Edition with the Exchange Agents.  I
created a domain account called dbagent to use as my back up acount.  I
intialized the mailbox for that account.

On the two memeber servers, I created a local account also called dbagent
and used the same password.  I did all of the required account settings
for both the local and domain accounts per CAs instructions.  (Log on
Locally, Act as part of the Operating System...)

I can back up the Information Store and Directory on all 4 servers without
a problem.  However, when I go to view the mailboxes of the users, only
the user mailboxes on the member server appear.  If you mailbox is located
on a BDC, it doesn't show up on the list.

Suggestions?  I just changed positions and this is the first place I have
been with Exchange on a domain controller and have never encountered this
problem.

Thanks in advance.

Jim Hunt, MCSE