Branch Office Solution

  • From: C Drawers <cdrawers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:15:31 -0700 (PDT)

LIke a lot of you, I'm working towards consolidating exchange servers out of
Branch Offices.  Part of that solution is to use Outlook 2003 in Exchange
Cached Mode to give a good user experience with Exchange.

I see a few products which help resolve some of the WAN issues created by this

Losing connectivity to the main office will mean email will not flow for
traffic between branch office employees.

WAN link saturation at certain times or when large attachments are sent to
multiple users.

One is - it is a software solution which is a mapi server at
the branch office which intelligently caches from the main office.  Users
directly connect to the cemaphore server and it works just like Exchange.

Does anyone have experience with that?  Or what about solutions like  It operates more at the network leve.

Yahoo! Sports