Bounce Messages

  • From: "Cory D." <coryd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 09:54:30 -0500

I have received a bounce message that says it came from my domain but it
was an "undeliverable message" bounce when I never sent the message in
the first place. Some spammers had put my address in the respond to and
then bounced the message off of some unsuspecting third party, in this
case AOL. How do you deal with this as the potential bouncer, or how can
you make a third-party cooperate with you to help you in this matter.
This is a biggie and I have had this now on 4 different occasions and I
would like to here some answers on how to stop this or protect myself
from any sort of BL or legal actions.

Cory D.
Corporate IT Manager
Euler Training Center