[ExchangeList] Boot.ini Modification Question

  • From: "Allen, Christine" <Christine.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 07:38:23 -0400

I ran my Exchange best practice analyzer and it complained that I needed to
add to the 3/GB switch on two of my 2003 domain controllers.  I did, but
when I ran it again after I rebooted them, it did not notice the change.
They read as follows:
[boot loader]
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003, Standard"
/fastdetect /3GB /NoExecute=OptOut
My only guess is that I did not put the switch in the right place.  Should I
have put it after the "/NoExecute=OptOut"?  My last environment was a 2000
AD environment and did not have the /"NoExecute=OptOut"?
My environment is all windows 2003, Exchange 2003.
Any help would be appreciated

Christine Allen
Systems Engineer
Electric Insurance Company