Re: Blocking Mails....

  • From: "Sakhawat Hussain" <sakhawat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 04:00:03 -0600

Which exchange version you are using?
If you are using Exchange 5.5 IMS. You can use the registry editor to stop
receiving <turf> e-mail from certain domains.  Create the value "TurfTable"
under the registry key
Hkey_local_machine---System----CurrentControlSet---Services----MSExchangeIMC----Parameters.

Data type is Reg_Multi_SZ. Open the multistring editor, add the unwanted
domain names one by one, for example if you want to blcok domain xyz.com,
type "@xyz.com". Write one domain name is one line. You can add a user
e-mail address also.

To restrict the user from sending to unwanted domains, I normally add
these domain names into the IMC object COnnections -- Mail Delivery
--E-mail domain section. In the smarthost, I give a bogus IP address. The
e-mails will not deliver and time out ultimately. I donot figure out now
how to do this in a sophisticated manner.

Regards
Sakhawat Hussain