Blocking Attachements

  • From: Silviu CIAKY <silviu.ciaky@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ExchangeList <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 13:41:32 +0300

Hy everybody!

I have the following situation. On Win98 systems I cannot put Security
Policy (allowed programs to run, bla, bla, bla...) like in NT enviroment.
The only way for "entering" files into the systems it's email. I remove the
external connection to this users, but I have some "very friendly
colleagues" which are sending *.exe file or all other things (specially
unlicensed programs). For this reason I want to put some limits to
attachements type(like doc and xls). Can I do this in Exchange 5.5 SP 4 on
NT 4.0 SP 6?

Silviu CIAKY
Network Administrator