RE: Block sending of files by email

  • From: "Medeiros, Jose" <jmedeiros@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:34:42 -0700

Hi Joseph,

Another option is to limit the attachment file size, some thing built in to
Exchange. Also , both Symantec and Mcafee's Exchange Anti-Spam / Anti-Virus
have the ability to restrict file extension types as well as scan the binary in
case some one tries renaming the file extension.

We use MacFee here and even if I try and rename a .zip or .exe file extension
to .txt file it will block the attachment.

Hope this helps,

Jose Medeiros