Re: Block access to ports

  • From: Debie Allen <debie2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 08:48:16 -0700 (PDT)

It depends on your firewall. Contact your firewall
vendor for support, they should have step by step
instructions for blocking ports.

--- satish garimalla <satishgarimalla@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

---------------------------------
http://www.MSExchange.org/

Hi All,

          I know this is a bit off the topic.But, we
are having problems with the recent virus attacks.We
are in the process of eliminating this.

As recommended by symantic web site, Iam supposed to
block access to TCP port 4444 at the firewall level
and also block  tcp port 135 "DCOM RPC" and UDP port
69 , "TFTP"

Can any body explain me how to do this as I am not so
familiar with this.All I want to know is that how to
block these ports(from command prompt ?? or from
windows itself  ??) Either may be the case, could you
please explain me the steps in doing so ...

Thanking you very much ,

Satish Garimalla

http://www.serverfiles.com
No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: