Blank Emails coming from AOL

  • From: "Gresgott, Mark" <gresgottmo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:27:00 -0500

We have had a few users get Blank Emails coming from senders at AOL.  The
Internet headers look ok and there is a Subject, however the Body of the
message is not viewable.  If the message is "attached" to a new message and
forwarded to another internal address, the Body is then viewable.  It also
becomes viewable if the message is saved out to the desktop as a .msg file.
Has anyone else encountered this?  I did a little research and have come
accross some information pointing to the fact that AOL sends their messages in
a dual-format, i.e. the message is encoded in HTML and Plain text and the mail
client can choose which one to read.  However, I have not seen anything
concrete or how to avoid this situation, other than having the sender send in
Plain text only, which from what I understand is only available from AOL Web
mail.  I have also contacted AOL and got the answer I was expecting...."nothing
has changed, nothing is wrong, it must be on your end".
Any help would be appreciated.

Above email is for intended recipient only and may be confidential and
protected by attorney/client privilege.
If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately.
Unauthorized use or distribution is prohibited and may be unlawful.