Best failover and/or redundency

  • From: "Byron Kendrick" <bkendrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:02:05 -0600

Just like everyone else our Exchange server has become one of the most
critical applications on or network and we are becoming increasingly
concerned about downtime if something goes wrong.  What I am curious about
is what seems to be the best practice. I would really like to have a
couple of exchange servers in a cluster but I was wondering what other
options there are.  I thought about having a second server sitting in the
closet that I could throw up and get online with "last nights" backup.
That might be a little cheaper but you would still lose some of the
presidents and VP's mail as well as more down time.  What are some of you
doing that is working for you and what prompted you to this instead of
some other solution.  Money is kinda sorta critical but so is my job.