RE: Batch e-mails

  • From: "Cresswell, Charles" <charlesc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 14:39:44 -0000

Hi Alex,

We have a similar newsletter of about 3000 that we send monthly to our
members. What we actually do is use a product called GroupMail but send
through the ex2000 server as a normal smtp server from inside our
network.

This third party application is quite nice as it will insert delays in
the sending process, so for example we pause for 5 seconds every 20
emails. This prevents upstream relays assuming it's a flood and blocking
the send.

Regards

Charles Cresswell
IS Manager