Re: Bandwidth utilisation

  • From: "Sultan A. Quadri" <quadri@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:05:54 +0300

Hi! Pranav,
First thing u should do is install SP4 for win2k and check the hotfix patches. There are some patches to be install also with exchange 2000. I hope this will work with you and BTW u must install "SPTM AntiVirus" .

Thanks

- - - - - - -(your internet services oasis)- - - - - - Sultan A. Quadri, Network Engineer, Sahara Network Dammam - Kingdom of Saudi Arabia - http://www.sahara.net.sa/ Tel +966-3-8322299x248 | Fax 8345652 | Quadri@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

pranavk@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Hi all,

I am using Exchange 2K (SP3) on Win2k(SP3). Server is connected to rest of the
exchange servers with dial-up connection (256 KBPS). There is a high bandwidth
utilisation. I am not getting the reason for this. Mails transfer is not that
high and we are not hosting any public folder on this server.

If I shut down the exchange server the bandwidth utilisation comes to normal.

Can anybody please tell me what counters I should examine for tracking the root
cause?

BTW what components in exchange generate the network traffic( like public
folder replication, mail transfer, RU service,??????)

Regards, Pranav