Bandwidth utilisation

  • From: <pranavk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 17:14:55 +0530

Hi all,

I am using Exchange 2K (SP3) on Win2k(SP3). Server is connected to rest of the
exchange servers with dial-up connection (256 KBPS). There is a high bandwidth
utilisation. I am not getting the reason for this. Mails transfer is not that
high and we are not hosting any public folder on this server.

If I shut down the exchange server the bandwidth utilisation comes to normal.

Can anybody please tell me what counters I should examine for tracking the root
cause?

BTW what components in exchange generate the network traffic( like public
folder replication, mail transfer, RU service,??????)

Regards,
Pranav