RE: Backups Failing on Exchange 2003 w/ Veritas BackupExec

  • From: "Javier Sola" <jsola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:44:47 -0400

Paul,

I am also getting a corrupt file error in the logs, I tried the second option
that you told me about deselecting the corrupt mailboxes and then it still
crashed with the following job log, the good news is it skipped all the
missing/corrupt mailboxes. I have a question, once I do get a successful backup
will that automatically purge all the missing mailboxes in the database???? Or
is this something I have to do manually? I have not attempted Mike Dufoe's
suggestion as of yet due to power outage here from Hurricane Wilma, I finally
got back into the office today and will attempt to resolve this problem.

Thanks for all the help, oh yea, here is that job log.

Backup - \\MOS-EXCHANGE\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes Database or database
element is corrupt
Database or database element is corrupt
Database or database element is corrupt
Database or database element is corrupt
Database or database element is corrupt
Database or database element is corrupt
Database or database element is corrupt
Database or database element is corrupt
Database or database element is corrupt
Database or database element is corrupt

WARNING: "\\MOS-EXCHANGE\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Adriana Souza
[mcarmel]ïTop of Information StoreïSent
ItemsïÂããããæããæãæããããæãããæãããæããããæãæãæææãæææããããããããææããæããæææãããããããããæããããMarlins
 Tickets" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.
Database or database element is corrupt
WARNING: "\\MOS-EXCHANGE\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Dave Ward
[dward]ïBlackBerryHandheldInfoïBlackBerryMsgOnDeviceSearchFolderïÂããããããæããæããææãããããæããæããããæãæãæææãæææãããæææããææããæããæææããããããããããããããGolf
 Tournament " is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.
Database or database element is corrupt
WARNING: "\\MOS-EXCHANGE\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Dave Ward
[dward]ïBlackBerryHandheldInfoïBlackBerryRefIDSearchFolder1_7ïÂããããããæããæããææãããããæããæããããæãæãæææãæææãããæææããææããæããæææããããããããããããããGolf
 Tournament " is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.
Database or database element is corrupt
WARNING: "\\MOS-EXCHANGE\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Dave Ward [dward]ïTop
of Information StoreïSent
ItemsïÂããããããæããæããææãããããæããæããããæãæãæææãæææãããæææããææããæããæææãããããããããããæããPrinters
 and Scanning" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.
Database or database element is corrupt
WARNING: "\\MOS-EXCHANGE\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Dave Ward [dward]ïTop
of Information StoreïSent
ItemsïÂããããããæããæããææãããããæããæããããæãæãæææãæææãããæææããææããæããæææããããããããããããããGolf
 Tournament " is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.
Database or database element is corrupt
WARNING: "\\MOS-EXCHANGE\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Kevin Kennedy
[kkennedy]ïTop of Information StoreïSent
ItemsïÂãããããæããæãããæããæãããæããæããããæãæãæææãæææãããæããããæããããæãæãæææãæææããããããããCompetitor's
 Proposal" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.
Database or database element is corrupt
WARNING: "\\MOS-EXCHANGE\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Kim Bainger
[kbainger]ïBlackBerryHandheldInfoïBlackBerryRefIDSearchFolder1_7ïÂããããæããæãããæãæããæãææããæããããæãæãæææãæææããããæãããæããããæãæãæææãæææãããæãæããRE:
 BABY SHOWER" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.
Database or database element is corrupt
WARNING: "\\MOS-EXCHANGE\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Kim Bainger
[kbainger]ïTop of Information StoreïDeleted
ItemsïÂããããæããæãããæãæããæãææããæããããæãæãæææãæææããããæãããæããããæãæãæææãæææãããæãæããRE:
 BABY SHOWER" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.
Database or database element is corrupt
WARNING: "\\MOS-EXCHANGE\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Marleni Arvelo
[marvelo]ïTop of Information StoreïSent
ItemsïÂããããããææããææãããæãæããããæããããæãæãæææãæææãããæããããæããããæãæãæææãæææãããæããããRE:
 BABY SHOWER" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.
Database or database element is corrupt
WARNING: "\\MOS-EXCHANGE\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Marleni Arvelo
[marvelo]ïTop of Information StoreïSent
ItemsïÂããããããææããææãããæãæããããæããããæãæãæææãæææãããæããããæããããæãæãæææãæææãããæãæããRE:
 Tennessee" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.
Database or database element is corrupt

Backup completed on 10/26/2005 at 11:51:22 AM.