RE: Backup on EXCHANGE without TAPE Drive

  • From: Bob Forrester <bob.forrester@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 12:54:14 +0100

Even if you do use a tape drive, NTBACKUP.EXE will not do a full back up of
Exchange.  We got caught out a couple of years ago and could not restore the
mailboxes or Information Store.  You think it is being backed up, but the
MDB data folders, which are critical for any restore, are not being backed
up.  We lost everything and had to rebuild the mailboxes and public folders.
We immediately purchased Veritas Back Up Exec with the Exchange Agent and
have had no problems since then.

Regards.

R A Forrester
Administration Manager