Backup doesn't Flush Logs

  • From: "Joel Mansford" <Joel.Mansford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 16:14:57 +0100

I use Veritas Backup Exec v8.5 (with exch2k agent) to back up my
Exchange 2000 Server (SP2).  I have a problem in that the log files
don't flush when I perform a full backup.  I contact Veritas who said I
should try a Windows Backup, again the log files don't flush on a full
I moved the contents of the MDBDATA folder following MS instructions to
give the following.  All moves appear fine as new logs go into the
correct partition.  However they fill the partition every fortnight or

C:(8GB) - System Drive, Exchange installed in C:\Program Files\ExchSrvr
D:(4GB) - AD, DFS Roots
E:(10Gb)        - IS Logs file (*.log that is usually in MDBDATA)
F:(30Gb)        - Information Store Files (priv1.edb etc.etc.)

I don't want to enable Circular Logging. And I've even tried adding a
policy which flushes log files older than 7 days, but doesn't seem to do
anything.  The machine is also a DC.

Any ideas?

Joel Mansford.

This e-mail has been scanned for all known viruses by Star Internet on behalf
of The Instrumental Media Group.  Whilst every care has been taken to ensure
this message is virus-free, neither Star Internet or The Instrumental Media
Group can be held responsible for any virus it may contain.