RE: Backup Exec 8.6

  • From: "Carl Webster" <carl8822@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 05:46:05 -0500

Why?  Don't do that.  Not needed with DIR & DMR set properly.

> its when i do the backup of the partition with the
> actual priv pub databases

NNOOOOOO  don't ever do that.  Microsoft has strong words against doing
that.  Have you not read the KBs and White Papers on Backup/Restore and DR?
You need to do so promptly.  Your backup strategy needs a going over.

Google on on Exchange + Backup.  Then go to the
Exchange Technical library at and read the
White Papers.