RE: Backup Exchange 2000

  • From: Saud <saud@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 12:54:38 +0300

Hi Saud
Do you know how to backup w2k and e2k to another server with different
hardware ?

I am gonna try that in the next coming days. We have tried backing up e2k mailboxes
using ntbackup and restored them on a different server with the same hardware and
it seemed to be fine. Next time I will try backing up AD to restore it on another
hardware using veritas backup. I will post a message here with the result when I do it.
I also will try dumping the mailboxes to PST files to restore them on the same server
as per Matt's recommendation and great help.