Backup Exch.2003 SBS

  • From: "Simon Bound" <simon.bound@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 05:56:42 -0600

No doubt someone can give me a yes or a no to this. I'm using Veritas
BacupExec 9.1 for Exchange and the tapes are now getting full !!  I've
noticed that the backup job has both the MS Exchange Mailboxes checked for
backup and also (of course)the MS Exchange Store. Do I need the Mailboxes
checked for backup if the Store is checked. I'd guess that individual
mailbox restores would be easier if I keep the Mailboxes checked, but for
DR just backing up the Store will suffice ?

thanks in anticipation.
Simon