RE: Backing up exchange 101 - was RE: [exchangelist][Scanned]

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 08:42:45 -0800

With NTBackup, the only restore option available is the entire IS. NTBackup
does not do brick level.

The proper way as far as I know if only a single mail box is need is the
following:

Notify all users e-mail not available for a time or schedule to do off
hours.

Exmerge all accounts out in 2 step method.

Restore backup.

Exmerge all accounts in from step above not allowing duplicates.

John Tolmachoff

Engineer/Consultant/Owner

eServices For You