Backing up Exchange Server

  • From: Ryan Sabir <ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 15:06:44 +1000

Hi all,

Just starting to look at getting an Exchange server in our
organization. What different backup options are there for Exchange
Server?

We are using Veritas Backup Exec at the moment, but don't have the
Exchange Agent option... Is there a way to get Exchange to dump its
whole database to a file every night, and back that up?

The documentation I can find on the MS site deals with using the
Backup Utility to make backups of the server, which I don't really
want to do, because then I'll have 2 different types of backup to
manage.

thanks, bye!

Ryan Sabir
Newgency Pty Ltd