Backing up Exchange 2003 with Veritas 9.1

  • From: "Juan Ibarra" <jibarra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 16:32:17 -0700

Hello to all,

I recently implemented Exchange 2003 in my org.  Just about done moving
all the mailboxes from the 5.5 server. I was surprised to see my backup
time dramatically increase on the new server and the amount of data
being backed up as well.  BTW I am running a windows 2003 cluster.

I just realized that the ShadowCopyComponetns (system state) on the
active node is almost 54G compared to about 250MB on the passive node.

It looks to me like some how the IS is being backed up by itself and
again in VSS on the windows side.

Any thoughts as to how can I prevent this from happening.

Thanks,
Juan