RE: Back-End server problem

  • From: Roger Mackenzie <r.mackenzie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 11:47:50 +0100

Mike,

        Front end talks to backend via port 80 so you can't just block that
port. You could selectively IPSec filter port 80 to permit only the front
ends to chatter to the backends. Don't know how easy that would be in your
situation.

        We are experimentally constructing a rig to do just this so we can
offer specific advice based on what we've done.

regards, Roger Mackenzie (Glasgow University)