Back again...still unable to receive external email on w2k exchange server...

  • From: "Kenny Lee Kian Aun" <kennylee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:17:05 +0800

Marvin,

    Did your domain registered with the registrar having MX record of
your domain??
IF not, emails will not be able to get through to your domain..
In other words, make sure that your Name Servers of your domain is
having MX Record that enabled external domain users to see your domain..

Thanks n rgds,
kenny

Subject: Back again...still unable to receive external email on w2k
exchange server...
From: "Marvin Cummings" <marvc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 14:38:58 -0500

I for the life of me cannot figure out why my exchange server isn't
receiving any email from the outside. I can get mail internally and I
can also send mail to the outside from my e2k server. This is an e2k
server that sits on my home lan that I use for "play play". Can anyone
advise me on possible solutions? I've created a new Receipt Policy and a
new Virtual SMTP server after stopping the default one, but still no go.
Something isn't working and I'm not sure what it is or isn't.
TIA