RE: [BULK] Increasing Mailbox Size

  • From: "Taylor, George" <gtaylor@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 08:28:57 -0700

Agreed, you do nothing but create PST hell.  Instead, in ESM right click
your mailbox store and select properties, there is a limits tab there
that lets you set the size for when they receive a message to clean up,
when they can't receive and when they can't send.  Just set it to match
your mailbox policy or if you don't have one just blank them out and let
them grow forever. As for the users, remember that just deleting an
email doesn't make it go away, it's still sitting in Deleted Items, from
there you "empty deleted items" and think it's gone, but wait there is
still the option to "recover deleted items", delete it from that screen
and suposedly it's gone....

George Taylor
Systems Programmer
Regional Health Inc.