[ExchangeList] Re: BESX: Activation Issues

  • From: Simon Butler <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 14:46:04 +0100

The first thing I would do is go to the RIM web site and register for a support account.

You can then check whether the devices are enabled for BES or not.

https://www.blackberry.com/besc/dashboard/

RIM call it Enterprise Activation Readiness.

If they are NOT enabled for BES, then you can activate them, but it must be a tethered activation. That can be either through the Blackberry desktop software, or the web browser interface for the BES itself. Over the air activation is only possible with the device enabled for BES and the BES data subscription from your service provider.

If it is enabled for BES, then it could be that the service books need to be resent. Primary check is whether you can browse the internet from the device or not.

Simon.

--
Simon Butler
MVP: Exchange, MCSE

e: simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx
w: http://www.sembee.co.uk/
w: http://www.amset.info/

w: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/

Need cheap certificates for Exchange, compatible with Windows Mobile 5.0?
http://CertificatesForExchange.com/ for certificates from just $23.99.
Need a domain for your certificate? http://DomainsForExchange.net/

Exchange Resources: http://exbpa.com/