RE: BES 4.0 with Exchange

  • From: "Andrew English" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 12:14:38 -0500

Hi Chris,

I am at a clients who using BES 4.0 with Exchange. When load the BES
manager and select the exchange account for user bes2admin I get an
error message "can not find database, or reach database" error message.
I checked the BES configuration and found that it uses the computers
login to access the database which is found on another server here
locally. If I go to that server MS SQL is running, if I look under the
database manager I can see the BES database it's looking for, and there
is data in it.

I am wondering if there is anyway to create another new account to
access the same data or if there is away to force it to open the
database? I have looked on Blackberry's site and found only help related
to this issue with Domino but not Exchange.

Regards,

Andrew English