Automatically delete messages...

  • From: chrsta <chrsta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 23:23:24 +0000

Is it possible to automatically delete messages from a mailbox on a monthly
basis (or every 4 weeks) without using AutoArchive?? I would prefer not to
run an Outlook 2003 client all the time to delete e-mail in a mailbox.

It appears Rules and Alerts does not offer this capability, unless I am
mistaken? The closest that could be related is 'received in a specific date
span', but this will require me to manually extend the date every month.

Would I need to code an event sink on the Exchange server? Perhaps write a
VBScript to achieve this? 3rd party software? Or is there a more simple
solution?

In theory I would guess this should be quite simple to achieve, but I cannot
find out how to do this easily without using AutoArchive!!! :-(

Environment is NT 4.0/Exch 5.5/Outlook 2003 (soon to be
AD/Exch2003/Outlook2003).

Thanks in advance.