[ExchangeList] Re: Attribute could not be changed

  • From: Prabhu Kamuni <prabhu2311@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 01:05:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sunny,

You follow this , so that you can transfer the schema master role to new server (DC)

To Transfer the Schema Master Role:
  1. Register the Schmmgmt.dll library by pressing Start > RUN and typing:
regsvr32 schmmgmt.dll
  1. Press OK. You should receive a success confirmation.
  2. From the Run command open an MMC Console by typing MMC.
  3. On the Console menu, press Add/Remove Snap-in.
  4. Press Add. Select Active Directory Schema.
  5. Press Add and press Close. Press OK.
  6. If you are NOT logged onto the target domain controller, in the snap-in, right-click the Active Directory Schema icon in the Console Root and press Change Domain Controller.
  7. Press Specify .... and type the name of the new role holder. Press OK.
  8. Right-click right-click the Active Directory Schema icon again and press Operation Masters.
  9. Press the Change button.
  10. Press OK all the way out.
Let me know if you need any clarification on this ?

sunil shah <sunny@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Yes I am running on the server and have logged in as Administrator.
Also I have configure to allow schema update using mmc.
I did apply sp4 again and try but no luck.
How can you transfer role to another DC? Is there any article to change
the schema role to other dc?

Thank you very much in advance to everyone.

Sunny