RE: Attachment handling in OWA 2003

  • From: "Deshwal, Chand" <CDD@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 11:13:05 +0530

Look at these links.;EN-US;q262631

-----Original Message-----
From: Raji Arulambalam [mailto:RajiA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 10:23 AM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Attachment handling in OWA 2003

Using Exchange 2003 SP1.
How can I restrict the handling of attachments in OWA.  Currently I have
disabled attachments as it only checks by file type extensions, and a
user can change the file type name.
I want to allow only certain attachment types  like word doc or text.

Can I use mime types to allow these types ?
Where can I get a list of the various mime types ?

Also is there any place that a full description and difference between
the two levels of file types.

Email disclaimer: This email and any attachments are confidential. If
you are not the intended recipient, do not copy, disclose or use the
contents in any way. If you receive this message in error, please let us
know by return email and then destroy the message. Environment Bay of
Plenty is not responsible for any changes made to this message and/or
any attachments after sending.
This e-mail has been checked for viruses and no viruses were detected.

List Archives:
World of Windows Networking: Leading
Network Software Directory: