Assigning tasks

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 17:14:00 -0700

I found an interesting possible quirk today.

For my clients with Exchange servers, I have a mail box on that server and
retrieve the e-mail via POP3. This way, e-mail to/from users of that account
go directly through their server. Additionally, e-mail from the internet to
support@client goes to that box for me to address.

Fine.

Today, one of the managers tried to assign a task to me. I received it as an
e-mail, not a task assignment. When I logged onto one of their servers where
I have Outlook configured for that account, the message in the Inbox shows
correctly as a task assignment and asking me to accept or reject.

If I sent a task from my regular account to me, it works fine, so it is not
Outlook.

So, question, if you send a task from Outlook as an Exchange client, can you
only receive and accept the task as an Exchange client?

John T
eServices For You