RE: Arithmatic, getting grip on E2K database size

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:11:55 -0500

Very likely that to reclaim disk space you would have to compact the
database after a large amount of deletes.

To better understand the sizes and the relationships, there is not a one to
one correlation to mailbox sizes and database sizes.  There's other overhead
in the database that has to be taken into account such as whitespace,
tables, indexes, etc.

Curious why 11GB is such a big deal to the disk?  Many laptops have much
more space than that, so maybe some help understanding what the overriding
problem is would be worthwhile here?

Al