RE: Anybody know ...

  • From: "Lomker, Michael" <mlomker@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 08:33:24 -0500

> How to tell what time a message was read in Outlook. We have

I recently had the same question asked of me.  I couldn't think of any way to
accomplish it in a realistic manner.  If you turned on logging to that level of
detail you'd slow your server to a crawl and spend hours looking through the
event log.

What I did was the following: 1) made sure they locked their NT workstation
when they left it, 2) reset their password, 3) monitor the event log for when
an admin opens someone else's mailbox.  There's little you can do if the
end-user leaves their machine on without any protection or has an easily
guessed password (web access, etc).