Any pointers on DR setup in 2 different location?

  • From: "Doma, Tapera" <doma@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 22:19:58 -0500

Here is the scenario.
We have 2 sites: 1 in Atlanta and the other in DC. = We would like to
setup a DR site in DC. We had procured DoubleTake to  replicate Exchange
Data between Atlanta and DC, but while we were doing = the initial
replication with both servers in Atlanta we noticed that the amount of
data that was being replicated would not make this solution work unless
we increased the bandwidth from T1 to maybe OC3. Because of funding
issues, the DoubleTake solution got killed. Oh by the way the 2 servers
have been setup on identical hardware and configuration. They are both
in the same domain and site, but using different computer names. I am
looking for suggestions. Will it be possible to restore (Backed up with
Veritas BackupExec 9.1) data (Information Store Data) to the server in
DC without causing a lot of problems/complications? The restores will be
done in DC probably on a weekly basis. Given the scenario above, does
anyone have any suggestions, keeping in mind that the bandwidth will
remain at T1. Oh by the way the production server in Atlanta has 4
storage groups, with a total of about 125GB of data.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Tapera Doma | Snr Tech Analyst
Atlanta, GA
f. 404.589.2610