[ExchangeList] Re: Any idea what this is ckExch2k.exe?

  • From: "Roger Mackenzie" <r.mackenzie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 15:07:18 +0100

just a hunch but there is a problem with a file creation utility used by the
Exchange team that fails to create files where there is no 8.3 filename stored
and the NTFS filename as spaces in it (such as in 'Local Settings')- this may
be the case with some security options set by Microsoft issued and other GPOs.
Sorry I cannot be more specific as I'm not at work and have no sensible access
to TechNet. The cure - which may lead to the knowledge base article - is to set
your TEMP and TMP environment variables to point to a location such as C:\TEMP.
Regards, Roger Mackenzie