Antwort: Email through another server

  • From: Jack.Lauret@xxxxxxxx
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:16:46 +0200

Hi Marvin,

Actually it shouldn't be difficult. As every Exchange Server uses SMTP to
receive messages, you only have to configure your web server to send
emails to the IP Adress of your Exchange server (FQDN should also work). I
use it myself with MS Sharepoint Team Services and it works fine.

Jack Lauret
arxes Information Design AG
Niederlassung Mannheim
am Exerzierplatz 2
68167 Mannheim
Tel:            +49 621 30 980 35
Fax:           +49 621 30 980 50
Handy:       +49 178 61 600 67
mailto:        Jack.Lauret@xxxxxxxx

"Marvin Cummings" <marvc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
03.09.2002 16:57
Bitte antworten an "[ExchangeList]"
        An:     "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Thema:  [exchangelist] Email through another server

Lets say I have a w2k server running apache, mysql, and php. I also have
an e2k server. These 2 servers are on the same network. I need to be able
to send mail from my web server. I think I have a temporary fix where I've
added the smtp server of my ISP to my php.ini file. Is there anyway I can
configure my e2k server so that it'll allow me to send mail from my web