RE: Anti-virus on Exchange

  • From: "Greg Mulholland" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:07:03 +1100

Have to agree!

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas W Shinder [mailto:tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 2:29 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Anti-virus on Exchange

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Hi Danny,

What if your box is compromised? What if the sky fell? I field this type
of question every day, but the fact is that the Windows OS is NOT NOT
NOT an issue. If the ISA firewall is properly configured, its as secure
as any so-called hardware firewall. Period, fact. However, if you can
take over a properly configured ISA firewall, and own the box, then
you've done something that no one has ever been able to do, not even
with the ISA Server 2000 box, which was no where as secure as the ISA
Server 2004 box.

I don't mean go "go off" on this, but the "it runs on Windows" response
from security "wankers" doesn't hold water. Prove it first, then beat me
over the head with it. All OSs are vulnerable, and just because CNET
makes a big deal of Microsoft issues, doesn't make any real difference
in the present discussion.

 Just for fun, the rest is inline....