RE: Antivirus Software to Send Back Infected E-mail

  • From: "Matt Dillingham" <mdilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 13:11:12 -0400

Lloyd-

We use Antigen from sybari.  it works great.

http://www.sybari.com

You can use mulitple virus DATs, which really helps when a virus is first
discovered, plus they make their own signatures for worms that you can also
use.  ...however, if you do get this, do not enable the automatic alerts for
virus senders, or at least not for external addresses.  we are getting TONs of
these types of messages to users telling them that an email they sent cannot be
delivered because it contains a virus.  ..but sobig.f (and many others) forge
the from field, so these message are not being sent to the person that is
actually infected!!!  ..just causing additional confusion.

-matt