Antivirus Software to Send Back Infected E-mail

  • From: Lloyd Williams <Williams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 12:53:21 -0400

Hi does anyone use an antivirus program. That automatically returns and
infected E-mail to the sender, and stops it appearing in the users inbox.
Our current antivirus solution "CA E-trust" just removes the infected
attachment, so the body of the E-mail appears in the user's inbox.
Consequently we have users with hundreds of So-Big Emails cluttering their
inboxes. A preferred solution would be the users never see the infected
E-mail at all, only the sender gets a notification. The other acceptable
solution would be, the user just gets a notification from the AV agent that
a virus infect E-mail from "smith@xxxxxxxxxxxx" was blocked.
For this solution to be useful to me if would have to work with exchange 5.5
which we are currently running and Exchange 2003 which we intend to upgrade
Lloyd Williams