RE: Antivirus

  • From: "Chris Nielsen" <cnielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:36:36 -0600

The gist of my question was whether there were viruses that could affect the
Exchange server even if you had bullet-proof AV on every client that would
be connecting to it (and even non-Exchange AV on the Exchange server to
protect it at the file access level).

I'm not sure if you're giving a yes or no answer to this more specific
question. Everybody else seems to say no.

Keep in mind I'm asking from a wisdom-aside perspective -- I know redundancy
is Good and relying on the end-users is Bad. I'm just interested in the
purely technical.

-Chris